Keto Onion Rings
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time30 mins
Keyword: air fryer
- 1 large sweet onion cut into rings
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt and pepper
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, Parmesan cheese, baking powder, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Beat the eggs and heavy cream in another bowl.
- Dip the onion rings in the eggs and then in the almond flour mixture. Press the almond flour mixture into the onions. Transfer to a parchment lined baking sheet and repeat with the remaining onion.
- Air Fryer Instructions
- Preheat your air fryer to 350 degrees. Arrange the onions in a single layer, cooking in batches as needed. (If desired, you can line your air fryer with air fryer liners.)
- Spray the onions with cooking spray and cook for 5 minutes. Use a spatula to carefully reach under the onions and flip. Respray and cook 5 minutes longer.
- Baking Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange the onions in a single layer and spray with cooking spray. Bake for 10 minutes. Flip and respray with oil. Bake another 10 to 12 minutes, until crispy and brown.
Calories: 217.11kcal | Carbohydrates: 7.64g | Protein: 12.51g | Fat: 16.4g | Saturated Fat: 4.59g | Cholesterol: 72.65mg | Sodium: 279.37mg | Potassium: 277.44mg | Fiber: 2.45g | Sugar: 1.67g | Vitamin A: 424.3IU | Vitamin C: 1.36mg | Calcium: 323.1mg | Iron: 1.38mg