Keto Lemon Pound Cake
- 1/2 cup salted butter (1 stick), room temp.
- 4 oz. full-fat cream cheese, room temp.
- 2/3 cup keto granular sweetener
- 3 tablespoons sour cream, room temp.
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups almond flour
- To let them come to room temperature, set out eggs, cream cheese, sour cream, and butter. It’ll take about SIXTY mins.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place oven rack in the middle of the oven. With parchment paper, line loaf pan(8×4-inch).
- Beat butter on high using an electric mixer for ONE minute. With the butter, add cream cheese to the mixer and for another 1 to 2 minutes, beat on high, until it gets well combined. Scrape down the edges(as needed).
- To the mixer, add the keto granular sweetener and until light and fluffy, beat on high, about 2 to 3 minutes. Then add the lemon zest, vanilla extract, lemon extract, sour cream, and mix to combine. Scrape down the edges(as needed).
- One at a time, add the eggs. Until it gets just incorporated, mix each egg, about 5 to 8 seconds on low after each egg. You don’t want to over mix the batter. After adding the eggs, scrape down the edges of the bowl.
- Next, add in the baking powder and salt. Until it gets just combined, mix on low. Then finally add the almond flour. Prior to adding, you can sift the almond flour (it does make for a finer crumb). Until it gets just combined, mix in the almond flour.(you don’t want to over mix the batter).
- Into the prepared loaf pan, pour the batter. To remove any air bubbles, tap the pan on the counter several times. Bake for 60-70 minutes, until a toothpick inserted, comes out clean and lightly browned. At 30 minutes check the cake and to prevent it from over-browning, every 10 to 15 minutes after that. Tent the cake with aluminum foil if it starts to look like the edges are going to burn.
- For about TWO hours, let the cake cool before removing it from the pan. Cut into TEN slices.
- (if desired)Serve with keto whipped cream and berries.
To make the keto whipped cream:
- Beat 1 cup heavy whipping cream using an electric mixer on high until peaks form, ONE tbsp. keto confectioners sweetener, and ONE teaspoon vanilla extract. Top the cake with whipped cream. Enjoy!
Yield: 10 slices,
Serving Size: 1-in
Amount Per Serving: 300 Calories
17.9g Total Carbs
12.8g Sugar Alcohol
2.7g Net Carbs