- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon yellow curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 can (14 oz) full-fat coconut milk
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro leaves for garnish
- In a large skillet, heat coconut oil over medium heat. Add ginger, garlic, onion, and red bell pepper. Cook for 5 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Add curry powder, cumin, coriander, turmeric, and cayenne pepper (if using) to the skillet. Cook for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Pour coconut milk and broth into the skillet. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and add the shrimp. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until shrimp is pink and cooked through.
- Serve the curry hot, garnished with fresh cilantro leaves.
- Servings: 4
- Calories: 330 kcal
- Fat: 24 g
- Protein: 23 g
- Carbohydrates: 8 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Net carbs: 6 g
Note: Nutrition information may vary depending on the specific ingredients and brands used in the recipe.