KETO SPINACH STROMBOLI
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese grated
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup spinach cooked
- 1/2 cup Feta cheese crumbled
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 spring onions chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 egg, beaten to wash the pastry
- In a bowl add the mozzarella and cream cheese. Melt in the microwave for 2 minutes seconds.
- Add the beaten egg, baking powder and coconut flour and mix into a dough, making sure all ingredients are combined well.
- In a bowl, mix the spinach, nutmeg, spring onions, Feta cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Season with the salt and black pepper.
- Lay the dough on the prepared baking sheet.
- Place the dough on a sheet of parchment paper. Place another sheet on top and roll out into a large rectangle, about 5 mm thick.
- Spread the spinach mixture on the dough in the middle, leaving an edge to roll around the filling
- Using the parchment paper, bring the edges of the rectangle dough up a side at a time, ensuring that they overlap and seal the dough into one long log.
- Using a sharp knife, score the top with a criss cross pattern (optional)
- Brush the beaten egg over the top of the Stromboli
- Place on a baking tray and bake at 190C/385F for 25 minutes until golden.
- Remove from the oven, slice and serve.
The net carbs will be the total carb count minus the fibre count. Carb count excludes sugar alcohols.Any nutritional analysis on the website is based on an estimate, calculated by http://nutritiondata.self.com from the individual ingredients in each recipe. Variations may occur for various reasons, including product availability and food preparation. We make no representation or warranty of the accuracy of this information.
Serving: 1sliceCalories: 130kcalCarbohydrates: 4.2gProtein: 8.4gFat: 8.9g