Keto Strawberry Pretzel Salad Without Pretzels!
prep time: 20 MINUTES
cook time: 20 MINUTES
additional time: 4 HOURS 30 MINUTES
total time: 5 HOURS 10 MINUTES
- 2 (0.3 oz) boxes of sugar free strawberry gelatin
- 8 large strawberries, sliced thinly
- 8 oz of cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup of Swerve sweetener
- 1 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups raw pecans, chopped
- 1 stick of butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt butter in microwave then add the pecans and ¼ cup of Swerve to a food processor.
- Pulse until the nuts are sticky.
- Add nut mixture to melted butter and mix well. Place into a large baking dish (I used a 13 x 9) and press down to make the crust.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until it nice and browned on top. Then let it cool completely. This is very important so the cream cheese doesn’t mix with the nuts.
- In the meantime using a hand mixer, cream the rest of the Swerve and cream cheese. Then add in the heavy cream and whip until nice and creamy and fluffy.
- Pour and smooth the cream cheese mixture over the cooled crust, making sure to make a solid layer and seal in the sides and corners so the gelatin won’t leak through. Place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes and move on to make the jello.
- Add the gelatin to a bowl and pour 2 cups of boiling water over top.
Whisk until the gelatin is melted and then set aside to cool. Note you use only 2 cups of water, not 4 like they state on the package.
- Mix the strawberries into the gelatin and then pour over the cream cheese layer.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours so the jello can set before eating.
- Please read the notes below for more information
RECIPE TIPS AND NOTES
I’ve recently made this recipe and rushed through it and it ended up a disaster so these tips are very important to the success of this tasty keto dessert.
- It is very important that you let the crust cool completely before spreading the cream cheese mixture. Otherwise the cream cheese layer will pull up the crust.
- Make sure you add cream cheese to all the corners and sides to seal the crust in. That way the jello won’t seep into the bottom layer and will sit nice on top.
- You also have refrigerate the baking dish after you spread the cream cheese for 30 minutes. That will make the strawberry layer stay nicely in place and not mix with the cream cheese.
- The jello should be cooled significantly before pouring over the cream cheese layer. You don’t want it to melt the cream cheese.
- I used a 13×9 inch baking dish and if you use a small one it might effect the times as well as the carb count of this dish. However if you just make sure to follow the tips above it should work out fine
YIELD: 24 SERVING SIZE: 24 Servings
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 199NET CARBOHYDRATES: 1.6g