This Keto Turtle Candy is perfect for the holidays! They’re gluten-free, dairy-free, plant-based, sugar-free, and low-carb making them perfect for everyone this holiday season.
Keyword: keto holiday candy
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Chill: 30 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 10 minutes
Servings: 15 turtles
- 1 batch keto caramel make according to the recipe for very thick caramel [instruction #3]
- 1 cup roasted almonds
- 8 ounces dark chocolate chips we use Lily’s Dark Chocolate Chips
- First, you’ll make a batch of our caramel making sure to follow the instructions for the thicker, chewier style caramel. Let it cool.
- Next, place 15 dollops of the caramel on a parchment-lined baking sheet, top with a few almonds, then freeze until the disks are very firm, about 15 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate chips in a small skillet or in a microwave safe bowl in 15 second increments. . To make dipping the turtle candy even easier, you can add a teaspoon or two of coconut oil or cacao butter to help the chocolate go on smooth. Quickly dip each disk into the chocolate covering all sides, place it back on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining disks. then transfer the baking sheet back to the freezer until the chocolate is set, about 5 minutes.
- If desired, you can drizzle the leftover chocolate over the turtles for a fun design but make sure you do this after the initial chocolate is set. Otherwise, the two will just bleed together and the drizzle won’t be visible. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Keto Turtle Candy
Amount Per Serving
Calories 175Calories from Fat 144
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 6g38%
Trans Fat 1g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 6g
Vitamin A 1IU0%
Vitamin C 1mg1%