For the crepes:
- 4 oz (113g) cream cheese, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sweetener (such as erythritol or stevia)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Butter or coconut oil for greasing the pan
For the filling:
- Sugar-free berry jam or fresh berries
- Sugar-free whipped cream (optional)
- In a blender or food processor, combine the softened cream cheese, eggs, almond flour, coconut flour, sweetener, vanilla extract, and a pinch of salt. Blend until you get a smooth batter. Let the batter sit for a few minutes to allow the flours to absorb the liquid.
- Heat a non-stick skillet or crepe pan over medium heat. Add a little butter or coconut oil to grease the pan.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of the crepe batter into the pan, tilting and swirling the pan to spread the batter evenly into a thin layer.
- Cook the crepe for 1-2 minutes on one side until it sets and becomes lightly golden. Carefully flip the crepe using a spatula and cook the other side for another minute.
- Transfer the cooked crepe to a plate and repeat the process with the remaining batter, greasing the pan as needed.
- Once all the crepes are cooked, you can fill them with your favorite low-carb fillings. Spread some sugar-free berry jam or place fresh berries on each crepe and fold it in half or roll it up.
- Optionally, you can add a dollop of sugar-free whipped cream on top of the filled crepes before serving.
- Enjoy your delicious Low Carb Cream Cheese Crepes as a low-carb and keto-friendly breakfast, brunch, or dessert option!
Feel free to customize the filling according to your preferences; you can also add a sprinkle of powdered sweetener or cinnamon on top for an extra touch. These crepes are not only low in carbs but also rich and satisfying, making them a perfect treat for those following a low-carb or ketogenic lifestyle.