This low-carb Italian Beef Bake recipe is gluten-free, keto-friendly, rich, and creamy, with delicious Italian flavors. It is so easy to make it will quickly become a weeknight meal favorite
PREP TIME10 mins
COOK TIME20 mins
- Large Mixing Bowl
- 9 x 13 baking dish
- large skillet
- meat chopper
- silicone spoon
- 20 ounces riced cauliflower (I used Birdseye Savory Herb Frozen Cauliflower Rice)
- 15 ounces whole milk ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning blend plus more to sprinkle on top
- 1 cup Fresh grated Parmesan cheese divided
- pink salt
- cracked black pepper
- 1 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp organic garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes optional
- 1 15-ounce can no sugar added tomato sauce or crushed tomatoes
- 8 ounces (2 cups) whole milk mozzarella cheese shredded
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Steam the cauliflower rice in the microwave per package directions, set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, add the ricotta cheese, Italian seasoning, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the cooled cauliflower rice.
- Spread the cauliflower rice mixture into the bottom of a 3 quart (9 x 13) casserole dish.
- In a large skillet or pot, cook the ground beef over medium-high heat until browned, add the garlic powder, crushed red pepper, and tomato sauce. Taste and add salt and pepper if needed.
- Pour half of the beef mixture over the cauliflower rice mixture. Spread with the back of a spoon to even. Top with 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat with the remaining beef mixture and mozzarella cheese,
- Sprinkle the top with the remaining 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese and a bit of the Italian seasoning.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
Most of my recipes are low-carb (or keto) and gluten-free, but some are not. Please verify that a recipe fits your needs before using it. Recommended and linked products are not guaranteed to be gluten-free. Recipes may contain errors, so please use your common sense when following them.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs will not be included as it has a glycemic index of 0 (meaning it does not spike blood sugar) and it’s not metabolized. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
Calories: 616kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 44gFat: 45gSaturated Fat: 22gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 158mgSodium: 671mgPotassium: 717mgFiber: 2gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 751IUVitamin C: 46mgCalcium: 577mgIron: 3mg