Low-carb Lettuce Wrap Sandwich
YIELD: PERSONPREP TIME:10 MINSTOTAL TIME: 10 MINSThis Low-carb Lettuce Wrap Sandwich is a great option for lunch and a delicious alternative to the traditional wheat wrap. It only requires few ingredients and it’s also gluten-free!
- 8 iceberg lettuce
- 1 tablespoon homemade mayo
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 3 Prosciutto slices
- 2 slices of deli meat – organic ham
- 3 slices of deli meat – organic chicken breast
- 5 slices cucumber
- 8 cherry tomatoes — cut in half
- 1 piece of parchment paper — about 15″ x 15″
- On a cutting board, place the parchment paper.
- Layer 5 to 8 lettuce leaves (or any other green leave you prefer) in the middle of parchment paper and the sides of the lettuce leaves should be on top of each other leaving no space between the lettuces.
- Layer the topping by spreading first the mustard and mayo.
- Then, add Prosciutto and the slices of deli meat (ham and chicken breast), slices cucumber and cherry tomatoes.
- Roll the lettuce wraps by using the parchment as your base. Roll the lettuce wrap as tight as possible.
- Halfway through rolling, fold the edges of the wraps towards the center, and continue rolling like a burrito. When it is completely wrapped, roll the remainder of the parchment around the lettuce.
- Using a knife, slice the lettuce wrap and enjoy!
Calories: 279, Fat: 19g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 30mg, Sodium: 1410mg, Potassium: 628mg, Carbohydrates: 10g, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 37g, Protein: 26g