Tender and flavorful homemade meatballs stuffed with gooey mozzarella cheese. These mozzarella stuffed meatballs are what dreams are made of! Prep Time: 15 minsCook Time: 20 minsTotal Time: 35 mins
- 1 pound 80% lean ground beef (could sub with half ground pork)
- 1 large egg (beaten)
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4-6 ounces mozzarella , cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 2 Tablespoons Chopped fresh Italian Flat leaf parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick spray. Combine the meat, egg, breadcrumbs, cheese, salt, garlic, onion, black pepper and parsley in a bowl. Stir just until combined, do not over mix. Add a Tablespoon or two of water as needed to keep a wet mixture.
- Cut cheese into 24 cubes about 1/2″ in size. Use a medium cookie scoop or spoon to scoop the meat. Then place a piece of cheese in the center and wrap the meat around the cheese. Form into 1 1/2″ balls and place on the pan.
- Bake uncovered for 17-20 minutes, or until no longer pink in the middle. Turn halfway through, so the bottoms don’t brown.
- Simmer meatballs with marinara sauce for 10 minutes and serve over noodles if desired.
Makes 24 medium-sized meatballs. Substitutes You can use 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder and onion powder if you do not have fresh garlic and onions , feel free to add in some red pepper flakes in the meat mixture.
Course: Main Dish Cuisine: American