prep time: 5 MINUTES
cook time: 10 MINUTES
total time: 15 MINUTES
- 1 tablespoon of butter, divided
- 1/2 cup portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream (you can sub 1 tablespoon water if needed)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 slice Swiss cheese
- In a 6 inch skillet melt 1/2 tablespoon of butter over medium heat, sauté the mushrooms and garlic, stirring occasionally, until the mushrroms are tender, about 6 minutes. Remove the mushrooms from the pan and set aside.
- In a small bowl beat the eggs, heavy cream, salt and pepper until the eggs and smooth and a little frothy.
- Wipe the pan clean with a paper towel and melt the remaining butter, tilt the pan back and forth so the bottom and sides of the pan are greased.
- Pour the beaten eggs into the pan, tilt the pan back and forth so it is evenly coated. If the eggs seem to be cooking too quickly reduce the heat to medium low. Allow the eggs to cook undisturbed until the eggs have almost set.
- Top half of the omelette with the Swiss cheese and sautéed mushrooms, fold the other half of the egg over the fillings
See tips and tricks section above for best results
YIELD: 1 SERVING SIZE: 1 Omelette
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 379TOTAL FAT: 28gCHOLESTEROL: 302mgSODIUM: 481mgCARBOHYDRATES: 3.4gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 2.8gFIBER: 0.6gSUGAR: 1.6gPROTEIN: 18g