- ▢1 8-inch pie crust * See notes
- ▢2 1/2 cups cream cheese softened
- ▢1 cup powdered sugar
- ▢1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- ▢1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ▢1-2 drops yellow food coloring optional
- ▢1 cup lemon curd optional
- Prepare your cheesecake crust and refrigerate until ready to fill.
- In a mixing bowl with a beater attached, add your softened cream cheese and powdered sugar, and beat until smooth. Add the double cream, lemon juice, and yellow food coloring and beat until smooth and thick.
- Transfer the mixture onto the prepared pie crust. Refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from the refrigerator and if desired, top with a thick layer of lemon curd.
* Either a homemade crust or store bought one.
TO STORE: Cheesecake softens when left at room temperature. You must keep the cheesecake stored in the refrigerator, covered. It will remain fresh for up to 2 weeks. If you prefer a creamier cheesecake, let it sit at room temperature for 30 minutes, before enjoying it.
TO FREEZE: Place lemon cheesecake slices in a shallow container and store in the freezer for up to 6 months.
Serving: 1SliceCalories: 249kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 3gFat: 25gSodium: 161mgPotassium: 90mgFiber: 2gVitamin A: 1000IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 62mgIron: 1mg NET CARBS: 2g