Philly Cheese Steak Stuffed Portobellos
- 3 Tbsps extra-virgin olive oil, or avocado oil, divided
- 4 medium portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- 2 onions, sliced (I used a sweet onion & a red onion)
- 2 bell peppers, sliced (colors of your choice)
- 2 Tbsps coconut aminos, Bragg’s liquid aminos, or low sodium soy sauce
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb. sirloin or ribeye steaks of choice
- 4 oz provolone cheese
- a small handful of parsley leaves, freshly chopped
- Remove the stems of each mushroom.
- Brush your mushrooms with 1 tablespoon of oil and season with salt and pepper; set aside.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees f. and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Next, season your steaks with sea salt and pepper to your taste.
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add steak to the hot oil and sear each side until slightly brown, about 4 minutes on each side.
- Once done to your liking, remove from the pan and set aside.
- Using the same pan, heat remaining tablespoon of oil until hot.
- Add in onions and bell peppers.
- Cook for 5 minutes stirring occasionally until veggies are tender crisp.
- Once finished cooking, set aside.
- Thinly slice your steaks into bite-sized pieces and add them into a large bowl with the sautéed veggies.
- Stir in coconut aminos.
- Place mushrooms stem side up onto your prepared baking sheet.
- Spoon your steak and veggie mixture into the mushrooms, then sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in your preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or just until cheese is melty and mushrooms are tender.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve hot.