This healthy dinner recipe has everything you love about pizza but in a lighter, veggie packed dish! This Pizza Stuffed Spaghetti Squash is loaded with sausage, pepperoni, vegetables, marinara and cheese!
- 4 pound spaghetti squash
- 1/2 pound cooked Italian sausage
- 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms (raw or sautéed)
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper (raw or sautéed)
- 1 1/2 cup low carb marinara (regular if not keto)
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella
- 6 slices pepperoni
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Slice the squash lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. (See images and details above) 2, Brush the cut side of the squash with oil and season with salt and pepper. Place the squash cut side down and roast for 30-40 minutes. The squash is ready when it is fork tender.
- Flip the squash and allow it to cool slightly, use a fork to scrap the softened squash and “noodles” will form.
To Make the Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- In a mixing bowl combine the cooked sausage, squash noodles, mushrooms, bell pepper and marinara.
- Stuff the mixture into the squash shell. Top with the mozzarella and pepperoni slices.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until the cheese is golden brown. Allow the squash to sit 10 minutes before serving.