prep time15 MINUTEScook time15 MINUTEStotal time30 MINUTES
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons EACH: grated parmesan AND olive oil
- ½ teaspoon EACH garlic powder AND Italian seasoning
- 1 ¼ pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts (or thighs)
- ¼ cup lemon juice + 1 lemon, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4 tablespoons cold butter, cubed into 4 pieces
- 12 ounces green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- CHICKEN: Add the flour, parmesan, ¼ teaspoon garlic powder, ½ teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper to a shallow dish and whisk. Add each piece of chicken to the flour mixture and coat on both sides, dust off any excess flour. Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add the olive oil. Add the chicken to the skillet and let cook for 4-6 minutes per side depending on the thickness. Prepare the sauce while the chicken cooks. Remove chicken to a plate when cooked.
- GARLIC BUTTER SAUCE: In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the lemon juice, minced garlic, red pepper flakes, and Italian seasoning and allow the mixture to reduce to 3 tablespoons. Add 1 tablespoon of butter and remove the pan from heat and swirl so the butter stars to melt. Place back on the heat for a few seconds, remove and continue to swirl until butter melts completely. Repeat with remaining tablespoons of butter. When butter is completely melted, remove sauce from stove; set aside.
- ASSEMBLE: Add a small drizzle of oil to the pan you cooked the chicken in (if it needs it.) Add the lemon slices and push them around the pan with tongs to pick up all the bits left behind by the chicken. Add the green beans and sauté them for 3-5 minutes or until done to preference. Season with salt, pepper, and the remaining ¼ teaspoon of garlic powder. Pile the chicken on the green beans if you’d like or divide into personal servings. You can drizzle the sauce over the entire skillet or serve it on each individual serving!