Slow Cooker Steakhouse Stuffed Peppers are filled with ground beef, rice and a steak sauce, then cooked to perfection in the crock pot.
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time4 hrs
Total Time4 hrs 30 mins
Servings: 5 peppers
Calories: 416 kcal
- 5 large bell peppers, you can use a mix of red, yellow and orange too
- 1 lb. lean ground beef, ground turkey works well too
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 tbsp A1 steak sauce
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 1 cup brown and wild rice mix, cooked (any type of cooked rice will work)
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup colby jack cheese, shredded
- Cut the tops of the peppers off and discard the seeds and stems, but save the pepper portion of the tops and dice. Reserve 1/2 cup for the filling.
- Combine the diced peppers, ground beef, onion, steak sauce, tomato sauce and rice in a large bowl and stir to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Stuff each pepper with the ground beef mixture and place in the crock pot.
- Pour about 1/4 cup of water into the bottom of the crock pot and cover. Cook on low 6 to 8 hours or HIGH for 4 hours. Just before serving top with the shredded cheese and cover until melted. Enjoy!
The bottom of the slow cooker will have quite a bit of water after cooking from the peppers releasing their water. Use a slotted spoon to pick up the peppers and let drain before plating.
WW Points (5 per pepper)
Calories: 416kcal | Carbohydrates: 40g | Protein: 33g | Fat: 14g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 81mg | Sodium: 565mg | Potassium: 1022mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 5611IU | Vitamin C: 214mg | Calcium: 217mg | Iron: 4mg