- 3⁄4cup water, warm, 110 F
- 1cup bread flour
- 1cup whole wheat flour
- 2tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4teaspoon table salt
- 2teaspoons olive oil
- 1tablespoon nonfat dry milk powder (instant form)
- 1⁄4ounce active dry yeast, about 2 tsp
- Place dry ingredients in mixer bowl.
- Attach flat beater and mix for 30 sec. Change to dough hook.
- Set to speed 2. Add oil and then water slowly until bread pulls away from the side of the bowl. Knead 2 minutes until dough silky to touch.
- Shape into ball and place into oiled bowl, greasing the top of the dough. Cover.
- Let raise until doubled, 1 1/2-2 hours.
- Punch down. Knead 3 or 4 times. Shape and place into bread pan.
- Let rise until doubled, no more than 1″ above bread pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 min until instant read thermometer reads 170 degrees of higher.
- Cover dough with foil tent if necessary to prevent over browning.
- Cool on wire rack.