Serves: 10 Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 1 lb Ground Beef
- 1 tbsp. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Dried Minced Onion
- 6 Bacon Slices
- 5 Slices of cheese, cut each into 4th’s
- 1/2 Head Iceberg Lettuce
- 10 Cherry Tomatoes
- 20 Dill Pickles
- Dipping Sauce:
- 1/3 cup Mayo
- 2 tbsp. Sugar Free Ketchup (or swap 1 tbsp tomato paste)
- 1 tbsp. Mustard
- 2 tbsp. Onion, minced
- 2 tbsp. Dill Pickle, minced
- Splash, of pickle juice
- Preheat the grill to 375’F and set it up from both direct and indirect cooking.
- Mix the first 6 ingredients together in a bowl. I use a cookie scoop to form 20 even sided “balls”. Roll and slightly flatten into a burger patty shape.
- In a cast iron skillet over indirect heat on the grill, cook the bacon. Be sure not to make it too crispy or it will not go through the skewers. Remove the bacon and the foil/ grease. Place the skillet back of indirect heat and add the mini burgers.
- Allow the burgers to cook through, turning halfway through until the temperature reaches about 110F. Remove from the skillet and place over direct heat. Allow each side to sear a bit. After the flip, add the slice of cheese and allow it to melt for about 60 sec. Remove the burgers when they reach an internal temperature of 165F and set aside.
- Assemble the skewers in any order. Pictured- Lettuce wedge, burger, bacon, pickle, then the tomato. You can get two of each item onto the skewers.
- In a bowl combine the mayo, ketchup, mustard, minced onion and pickles, and the splash of pickle juice.
- Place everything on a platter and serve.