Keyword: taco, taco tuesday
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
- 6 Cheese Taco Shells (or your favorite)
Ground Beef Taco Meat
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 recipe Low Carb Taco Seasoning (use 2 tbsp or all depending on your taste)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup beef broth (or 1/2 cup water with 1/2 tsp beef base)
- salt and pepper to taste
Toppings (Use what you like)
- 2 cups chopped lettuce
- 1 medium avocado, sliced (toss with lemon or lime juice)
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup purple onion, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Wash and chop lettuce and cilantro. Slice avocado and toss with lemon or lime juice to prevent browning. Mince onion. Have salsa, sour cream and shredded cheese ready.
- Crumble the ground beef into a cold pan and turn the heat to medium. Working continuously, break-up the ground beef with a spatula or a wedge shaped wooden scraper/spoon, until it is very fine in texture.
- Stir the taco seasoning into the ground beef and cook until fragrant. Add the tomato paste and stir. Add the beef broth (or water and beef base) and simmer until almost absorbed. Aim for a moist but not wet mixture. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Divide the seasoned taco meat evenly between the 6 cheese taco shells. Fill the shells with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
- Makes 6 tacos. Each taco is 5 g net carbs when made with the ingredients shown.
- (The ground beef will keep up to 5 days in the refrigerator if made in advance and freezes well. I often make a double batch and freeze half.)
Best Ground Beef Taco Recipe (Low Carb, Keto)
Amount Per Serving
Calories 432Calories from Fat 297
% Daily Value*
Calories: 432kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 33g | Fiber: 2g