yield: 6 SERVINGS
prep time: 5 MINUTES
cook time: 10 MINUTES
total time: 15 MINUTES
Light and airy cinnamon twists just like you get at Taco Bell fast food restaurant. This is a quick Mexican snack that is easy to make at home.
- 1 1/2 cups chicarrones de harina
- Vegetable or Canola oil, for frying
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- In a medium size mixing bowl whisk together the granulated sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Place oil in a large skillet, Dutch Oven or deep fat fryer heat to reach 350°F temperature.
- Line a plate with paper towels and set aside.
- Add Chichirrones de harina to hot oil 1/2 cup at a time. Twists will puff up in 20-30 seconds. Gently remove the twists with a slotted spoon and place on paper towel lined plate.
- Repeat until all twists are cooked.
- Coat prepared twists with cinnamon-sugar mixture.
If you don’t have a candy or deep fry thermometer you can heat the oil over medium heat. When the oil gets hot, drop a kernel of popcorn in the pot. If the kernel pops, then you will know the oil is the right temperature, 350°F.
SUGAR FREE TOPPING
To make a sugar free cinnamon topping replace granulated sugar with a sugar free alternative like Swerve or monk fruit.
YIELD: 6 SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 98TOTAL FAT: 2gSATURATED FAT: 0gTRANS FAT: 0gUNSATURATED FAT: 2gCHOLESTEROL: 0mgSODIUM: 6mgCARBOHYDRATES: 20gFIBER: 1gSUGAR: 17gPROTEIN: 0g