- 1 lb. chicken breasts, or tenders, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil, or olive oil
- 6 ripe Roma tomatoes, chopped and lightly sprinkled in sea salt
- 3 fresh garlic cloves, crushed or chopped
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 Tbsps high quality balsamic vinegar
- sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste, about 1/4 teaspoon each
- a small handful of fresh basil leaves, chopped
- cooking spray
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees f.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, add in chicken and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown on the sides and almost cooked through.
- Transfer the chicken to a 8×8 baking dish (sprayed or brushed with oil to prevent sticking), top with chopped tomatoes, oregano, garlic and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Place your casserole into the preheated oven, uncovered, and bake for 18-20 minutes, just until cheese is melty and sauce is bubbling at the bottom of the dish.
- Remove from the oven, cover, and allow casserole to rest for 5 minutes, then garnish with fresh basil and enjoy!