This easy chocolate mug cake recipe can be made in the microwave or oven!
Prep Time4 minutes
Cook Time1 minute
Total Time5 minutes
Yield1 mug cake
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tsp Dutch or additional regular cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp spelt, white, oat, or gf ap flour (or try this Keto Mug Cake Recipe)
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp sweetener of choice
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2-3 tsp oil (Many commenters have said it still tastes good if you sub applesauce or mashed banana. I haven’t tried it)
- 3 tbsp milk of choice
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- Mug cake recipe: Combine dry ingredients and mix very, very well. Add liquid, stir, then transfer to a little dish, ramekin, or even a coffee mug. Either microwave 40-60 seconds (time will depend on microwave wattage) OR cook in a 350F oven for about 14 minutes. If you don’t want to eat it straight out of the dish, be sure to spray your dish first and then wait for the mug cake to cool before trying to remove it. Frosting ideas are listed above in the post!
Looking for a vanilla version?
Nutrition Facts For One Chocolate Mug Cake:
- Calories: 180 with oil, or 124 without
- Fat: 8g with oil, or 1.5g without
- Carbs: 28g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 290mg
- Fiber: 6.5g
- Sugar: 8g
- Protein: 5.5g
- Iron: 12%
Weight Watchers SmartPoints, for the entire cake: 6 with oil, or 4 without
Nutrition facts are for the entire chocolate cake, made with real sugar and oil.