Chicken and mushrooms cooked in a creamy garlic parmesan herb cream sauce in one pan in under 30 minutes. This low-carb and keto friendly dish is packed with flavor and makes a delicious dinner on a salad, pasta or rice!
For the Chicken
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts or about 2-3 medium chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano or Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 oz baby Bella mushrooms
- 1/4 cup onion minced
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream (or light cream, or half & half)
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh herb of choice optional
- Slice chicken breasts in half horizontally to make them thinner. Season both sides of chicken breasts with garlic powder, oregano, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Heat butter and oil in over medium-high heat in a large heavy duty pan or cast iron skillet. Add chicken breasts to the pan and cook 5-6 minutes per side. Remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- To the same pan, add the mushrooms and onion to the pan and saute for 2-3 minutes or until tender. Add the garlic and a pinch of salt & pepper; saute for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Reduce heat to low and Add the heavy cream, parmesan cheese, and herbs. Simmer for 1-2 minutes or until sauce begins to thicken. Taste and add more salt if needed.
- Return chicken along with its juices to the pan and cook for another 1-2 minutes. Serve with pasta, rice, salad, or veggies.
Serving: 1chicken with sauce (or 1/4th the recipe) | Calories: 569kcal | Carbohydrates: 7g | Protein: 30g | Fat: 47g | Saturated Fat: 26g | Cholesterol: 215mg | Sodium: 266mg | Potassium: 773mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 1575IU | Vitamin C: 3.3mg | Calcium: 155mg | Iron: 0.9mg