Servings: 6 waffles (classic-sized – NOT Belgian)
Calories: 191 kcal
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons almond butter/nut or seed butter of your choice
- 3 tablespoons granulated monk fruit sweetener, can also use SWERVE/erythritol,
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened almond milk
- 1/8 teaspoon apple cider vinegar,
- 1 teaspoon maple extract/vanilla extract
- 1 cup superfine blanched almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1.5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- waffle maker
- Serve with low carb topping(of your choice):
- Sugar-free syrup raspberries(strawberries, blackberries, etc).
- Beat the eggs or egg yolks in a large mixing bowl** then whisk in the apple cider (if using), sweetener, milk, almond butter, and maple or vanilla extract.
- Separate the yolks and whites first for extra fluffy waffles & whip the whites until stiff peaks then after you add the cinnamon, fold into batter.
- Add the cinnamon, coconut flour, baking powder, and almond flour. Mix until it gets smooth and just combined(do NOT overmix).
- To thicken up for 3-5 minutes, allow the batter while you preheat the waffle maker. This allows(baking powder to activate).
- Preheat the waffle maker and with pure coconut oil spray (or olive oil spray), spray generously.
- For mini waffles or 2/3 cup for Belgian waffles, spoon in 1/4 cup of the batter. Close the lid and (about 4-5 minutes depending on your waffle maker) cook until the waffle light turns green. Use a silicone spatula to flip the waffle over for crispier waffles (recommended) and until the light turns green, cook again for another round (another 4-5 minutes). For FIFTEEN seconds, allow to sit, then onto a plate, transfer the crispy waffles.
- Repeat with the remaining batter. This makes about 6 (1/4 cup) waffles /3 (2/3 cup) Belgian waffles.
- Serve with your favorite toppings and sides(fresh berries, melted butter, low-carb syrup, or whipped cream).
Amount Per Serving (1 g)
Calories 191Calories from Fat 144
% Daily Value*