- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 cup grated Parmigiano Reggiano
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 lbs jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined (weight after peeled)
- kosher salt and fresh pepper to taste
- 7 wooden skewers
- In a food processor pulse basil, garlic, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Slowly add the olive oil while pulsing.
- Combine raw shrimp with pesto and marinate a few hours in a bowl.
- Soak wooden skewers in water at least 20 minutes (or use metal ones to avoid this step). Thread shrimp onto 7 skewers.
- Heat an outdoor grill or indoor grill pan over medium-low heat until hot. Be sure the grates are clean and spray lightly with oil.
- Place the shrimp on the hot grill and cook until shrimp turns pink on the bottom, about 3-4 minutes; turn and continue cooking until shrimp is opaque and cooked through, about 3-4 minutes.
Serving: 1skewer, Calories: 180kcal, Carbohydrates: 0.5g, Protein: 25.5g, Fat: 8.5g, Sodium: 292mg, Fiber: 0.5gBlue Smart Points:3Green Smart Points:3Purple Smart Points:3Points +:5KEYWORDS:Grilled Pesto Shrimp Skewers, grilled shrimp, grilled shrimp recipes, Pesto Shrimp