This decadent, velvety Instant Pot Black Forest Cheesecake Recipe is mindblowing good. The rich chocolate cherry cheesecake is a popular treat that makes a fabulous birthday dessert, party treat, or indulgent after-dinner dessert
Biting into this pressure cooker cheesecake for the first time is like you have died and gone straight to food heaven.
Instant Pot Black Forest Cheesecake Recipe
Desserts are my ultimate favorite dessert ever and you will often find me making some cherry pie filling desserts! I love the combination of cherries and chocolate so much, I just can’t help myself.
The last time we hosted a big family dinner, everyone picked what they wanted to bring, but they insisted that I was in charge of desserts. That was easy for me because I was craving something incredible. Being able to prepare this black forest cheesecake recipe in my Instant Pot was a game-changer. It turned out insanely beautiful and the rich velvet texture is even better than I could have imagined.
Everyone was so excited to dig into dessert too. They raved over the way it tasted and wanted more!
What is the Best Pan To Use For Instant Pot Cheesecakes
When you are making cheesecakes in the Instant Pot, you will need to use a springform pan. It should be 6 inches. If you go with a larger pan, it probably will not fit inside of the pressure cooker and won’t work.
While you may be able to use a different kind of pan, you won’t have the look and style of a traditional cheesecake unless you make it in a springform pan.
Why Do You Cover Cheesecake
The cheesecake will need to be covered because as the pressure cooker does it’s thing, it will produce water droplets on the lid and sides of the pot. They can drop and drip onto the cheesecake. So, keeping it covered will prevent it from making your cheesecake soggy.
How to Know When Cheesecake Is Done
The easiest way to tell if a cheesecake is done is to jiggle the pan. If the center wobbles a lot then it needs to continue cooking. If there is a slight wobble in the center only then it’s done.
Can I Serve This Cheesecake Without Letting it Set Up Overnight
No, it’s vital that the cheesecake sets overnight. This gives it time to properly set up and it would be too liquidy if you tried to skip this step. So, save yourself the heartache and chill it in the fridge so it can set up all the way before indulging.
The Instant Pot black forest cheesecake should cool outside of the fridge for at least one hour. Once it’s cooled down, cover it with tin foil, plastic wrap, or put it inside of a storage container. It will last up to five days in the fridge. Keep it cold whenever you aren’t eating it and it will last a while.
Can This Cheesecake Be Froze
Yes, this cheesecake can easily be frozen. Make sure it’s wrapped up all the way and keep it in the freezer for up to 3 months. When it’s time to eat it, you can simply thaw on the counter or in the fridge until it’s the temperature you want. I like to eat it when it’s still a little bit frozen because it’s so cool and refreshing.
Unsalted butter, melted
Chocolate cheesecake ingredients
Cream cheese softened
Semi-sweet chocolate chips, melted
Cherry pie filling
Medium piping bag fitted with a star tip
How to Make Pressure Cooker Cheesecake
How to Make A Cookie Crust:
- Begin by lining the bottom of a springform pan (6-inch) with parchment paper. Spray the sides with baking spray so nothing sticks to the pan.
- Using a food processor grind up the 24 Oreo cookies. They will be sand-texture for making your chocolate crust.
- Add in the melted butter, and combine the two.
- Carefully push the crushed oreos into the springform pan to add make the crust.
- Put the crust into the freezer while you make the cheesecake mixture. This will help it to set up a bit.
Chocolate cheesecake Directions:
- Using a stand mixer combine the cream cheese, sugar, sour cream and mix until nice and creamy.
- Slowly add the cocoa powder, melted chocolate and vanilla extract.
- Slowly combine the egg, making sure to not overmix. Overmixing causes the cheesecake to crack.
- Pour the chocolate cheesecake filling over the Oreo cookie crust.
- Cover the Instant Pot black forest cheesecake tightly with foil, and pour in 1 cup of water in the instant pot.
- Add the trivet in the Instant Pot, and then lower your cheesecake in.
- Close the pressure cooker lid and ensure it is sealed on the valve. Cook the black forest cheesecake on high pressure for 35 minutes with a 20-minute natural release.
- Take off the lid and wipe up excess water with a paper towel or other soft cloth. There will be water on top of the aluminum foil as well as the lid.
- Remove the cheesecake from the pot and allow the cake to cool for an hour, then transfer to the fridge to refrigerate overnight.
- Place a trivet inside
- Take a sharp knife, run it around the edge of the springform pan to loosen the crust.
- Take off the springform pan and place the cheesecake onto a serving plate if you would like.
- Add cool whip around the edge of the cheesecake. Be sure to leave the center open for the cherry pie filling.
- Carefully spoon cherry pie filling into the center of the cheesecake. This will give it that black forest cheesecake look and feel.
- Sprinkle on the chocolate sprinkles for some extra character.
- Slice and serve the homemade black forest cheesecake!
- 2 C crushed oreos
- ¼ C unsalted butter, melted
Chocolate cheesecake ingredients
- 2 – 8oz cream cheese, softened
- ½ C sour cream
- ⅓ C sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 large eggs
- ½ C semi sweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 – 12 oz cherry pie filling
- 1 – 8oz cool whip
- 1 container of chocolate sprinkles
- 1 medium piping bag fitted with a star tip
- Line the bottom of a 6inch springform pan with parchment paper and spray the sides with pam baking spray.
- Now if a food processor you want to grind up 24 Oreo cookies, so they are like sand-texture for making your chocolate crust.
- Mix in the melted butter, and combine the two.
- Press the crushed oreos into the springform pan.
- Place into the freezer while you make the cheesecake mixture. This will help it to set up a bit.
Chocolate cheesecake Directions
- In a large bowl or stand mixer you want to mix up your cream cheese, sugar, sour cream and mix until nice and creamy.
- Slowly add in your cocoa powder, melted chocolate and vanilla extract.
- Slowly mix in the egg, making sure to not overmix, as that will cause cracking in cheesecake.
- Pour your chocolate cheesecake over the Oreo cookie crust.
- Cover tightly with foil, and put 1 cup of water in the instant pot.
- Place your trivet in the Instant pOt, and then lower your cheesecake in.
- Close your pressure cooker lid and ensure it is sealed on the valve. Cook high pressure for 35 minutes with a 20 minute natural release of pressure.
- Remove the lid and wipe up excess water on the aluminum foil with a paper towel.
- Remove from the pot and allow the cake to cool for an hour, then transfer to the fridge to refrigerate overnight.
- Place a trivet inside
- Using a sharp knife, run it around the edge of the springform pan to loosen the crust.
- Remove the springform pan and place the cheesecake onto a serving plate if you would like.
- Pipe cool whip around the edge of the cheesecake, and leave the center open for the pie filling.
- Spoon cherry pie filling into the center of the cheesecake to give it that black forest cheesecake look and feel.
- Sprinkle chocolate sprinkles on top if you would like.
- Cut and serve your homemade black forest cheesecake!
YIELD: 12 SERVING SIZE: 1
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 417TOTAL FAT: 29gSATURATED FAT: 17gTRANS FAT: 0gUNSATURATED FAT: 9gCHOLESTEROL: 85mgSODIUM: 200mgCARBOHYDRATES: 36gFIBER: 1gSUGAR: 22gPROTEIN: 5g