These rich keto chocolate donuts only have 3g net carbs in each one! Enjoy a low-carb chocolate donut for breakfast or a quick sweet snack in the afternoon.
- ▢1 cup almond flour
- ▢¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ▢3 tablespoons Powdered Monk fruit Sweetener
- ▢¼ teaspoon xanthan gum
- ▢1 teaspoon baking powder
- ▢1 teaspoon baking soda
- ▢¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ▢2 large eggs
- ▢1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ▢2 tablespoons unsalted butter melted
- ▢¾ cup Choc Zero milk chocolate baking chips divided
- ▢1 tablespoon coconut oil
- ▢keto chocolate sprinkles optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the almond flour, cocoa powder, sugar substitute, xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda, heavy whipping cream, eggs, vanilla and butter until well combined. Fold in ¼ cup chocolate chips.
- Fill the sections of a well greased donut baking pan evenly with the batter.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until cooked through. Let the donuts cool.
- Add remaining ½ cup baking chips and coconut oil to a microwave safe bowl and heat at 30 second intervals until completely melted and combined.
- Dip the top of each donut into the melted chocolate, and place on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Place the baking sheet into the freezer for several minutes to set before serving.
The powdered sweetener used in the donut batter is 2x the sweetness of sugar. If desired, about ⅓ cup of Swerve or equivalent can be used in place of the 3 tablespoons monk fruit powdered sweetener .For a change of glaze, use dark chocolate or white chocolate chips in place of the milk chocolate ones. The ¼ cup milk chocolate chips can be omitted from the donut batter but they enhance the chocolate flavor. Leftovers should be placed in an airtight container. They can be stored at room temperature for up to 5 days, refrigerated up to 3 weeks, or in the freezer for up to 5 months.
Calories: 213 | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 6g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 60mg | Sodium: 169mg | Potassium: 130mg | Fiber: 6g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 256IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 82mg | Iron: 2mg
Don’t forgot to try our Keto Chocolate Mousse Recipe
Net Carbs: 3 g | % Carbs: 5.8 % | % Protein: 11.6 % | % Fat: 82.6 % | SmartPoints: 8
Note on Nutritional Information
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site. Erythritol carbs are not included in carb counts as it has been shown not to impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.© LowCarbYum.com Unauthorized use of this material without written permission from Lisa MarcAurele is strictly prohibited unless for personal offline purposes. Single photos may be used, provided that full credit is given to LowCarbYum.com along with a link back to the original content.