Course: DessertCuisine: American, BritishPrep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 13 minutesTotal Time: 23 minutesServings: 16Calories: 122kcalAuthor: Katrin NürnbergerAs an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1 cup / 100g almond flour or ground almonds
- 40 g / 1.4 oz unsweetened chocolate melted (3 tbsp)
- 40 g / 1.4 oz butter, very soft 3 tbsp
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder unsweetened
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup / 55 g powdered sweetener
- 4 tbsp heavy / double cream
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
For the Glaze
- 60 g / 2.1 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 8 drops stevia or 2 tsp powdered erythritol
- Preheat your oven to 175 Celsius / 350 Fahrenheit
- In a bowl or a food processor, blend the very soft butter, cream and sweetener. Then add the eggs and vanilla and mix until well-combined. Last, add the melted unsweetened chocolate, cocoa powder, almond flour and baking powder. Blend until you have a smooth batter.
- Spoon batter into a well-greased donut pan. I used a silicone mini donut pan. Make sure you do not overfill and lose that all-important hole!
- Bake 13-15 minutes or until done.
- Melt the chocolate in a water-bath (place a smaller bowl with the chocolate inside a larger bowl which you have filled with boiling water. The heat will gently melt the chocolate). Add stevia to achieve the desired sweetness. Wait until it has cooled down a little.
- Dip the cooled donuts into the chocolate (double-dip if you want a thicker glaze) and place in the fridge until the chocolate coating has set.
My donuts had a diameter of 6 cm and weighed around 25g each. Small and perfectly formed The nutrition is calculated per donut. If you have a full size donut pan, you might end up with around 8 donuts. You’ll also need to increase the baking time by up to 5 minutes. The kind of chocolate you use will impact on the amount of sweetener you need. See my thoughts about this in the post NOTE: The glaze hardens fully. If you’re after a softer glaze, add 1 tbsp double/heavy cream.
Serving: 25grams | Calories: 122kcal | Carbohydrates: 4.1g | Protein: 4.2g | Fat: 11.5g | Saturated Fat: 4.9g | Fiber: 2.1g | Sugar: 0.5g