They popped up overnight and became an instant success and now they’re showing up everywhere.
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup finely shredded mozzarella
- Plug in the waffle maker to heat.
- Crack the egg into a small bowl and whisk with a fork. Add the mozzarella and stir to combine.
- Spray the waffle iron with non-stick spray.
- Pour half of the egg mixture into the heated waffle iron and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove waffle carefully and cook remaining batter.
- Serve warm with butter and sugar-free syrup.
This is the BASIC chaffle recipe and nothing more is needed, however adding 1 teaspoon of coconut flour + 1/4 teaspoon baking powder will give these a better texture. Try adding a splash of vanilla or dash of cinnamon for next level breakfast chaffles or use another type of cheese or seasoning for a bread replacement.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Yield1Serving Size2 wafflesAmount Per ServingCalories202Total Fat13gSaturated Fat6gTrans Fat0gUnsaturated Fat5gCholesterol214mgSodium364mgCarbohydrates3gNet Carbohydrates3gFiber0gSugar1gProtein16g