If you love chocolate and peanut butter, these Keto Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars are one for your must make list. You’d never guess this easy dessert is sugar free!
Prep Time 15 mins Cooling Time 2 hrs Total Time 2 hrs 15 mins
Course Dessert Cuisine British Servings 16 Calories 236 kcal
- 1.5 cup / 150g almond flour
- ▢3 tbsp / 30g Lakanto Classic
- ▢5 tbsp / 70g butter melted
- ▢¾ cup / 190g peanut butter (use firm peanut butter, no runny oils)
- ▢3 tbsp / 45g butter melted, (or coconut oil)
- ▢2 tbsp / 20g Lakanto Classic powdered
- ▢½ tsp salt to taste
- ▢⅔ cup / 4.4 oz / 125g sugar free chocolate or dark chocolate, at least 85% cocoa solids
- ▢2 tbsp / 28g coconut oil (or butter)
- Base: Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and stir together. Line a small baking tray (24cm x 16cm) with greaseproof paper. Press the mix to form a base.
- Peanut Butter Layer: In a clean bowl, add the peanut butter, butter, powdered Lakanto and sea salt. Whisk with a hand ballon whisk to combine. If your peanut butter is too thick, warm it slightly first. Spread over the base and freeze until set, about 10 – 15 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil in a heatproof bowl over a pan of boiling water (bain marie). Allow to cool slightly, then spread on top of the peanut butter layer. Place in the fridge for at least 2 hrs or until fully set (or freezer for about 30 minutes).
- Let the bars come to room temperature before cutting. Run a shape knife under hot water and slice. This will help prevent the chocolate layer cracking.
Makes 16 bars. 3.1g net carbs per bar.
The recipe uses Lakanto Classic for the base and powdered Lakanto Classic for the peanut butter layer. I simply blended 1 cup in the food processor until it was powdered and stored the rest.
Store in the fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Calories: 236 kcal Total Carbohydrates: 7g Protein: 5.6g Fat: 21.4g Saturated Fat: 8.3g Fiber: 3.9g Sugar: 0.9g