Coconut flour crepes are easy gluten-free crepes perfect to satisfy your sweet tooth with almost no carbs!
1 tablespoon Coconut Oil melted
¼ cup Unsweetened Almond Milk or water
¼ cup Coconut Cream melted
½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract optional for savory filling
2 tablespoons Coconut Flour
1 tablespoon Almond Flour also known as almond flour/ground almond
- In a large mixing bowl, add all the ingredients in this order: eggs, melted coconut oil, almond milk, coconut cream, vanilla extract, coconut flour, and almond meal.
- Using a whisk or electric mixer, beat until a smooth batter forms with no lumps. Set aside for 10 minutes to allow the coconut flour to soak the liquid and thicken the batter slightly.
- Heat a lightly-oiled mini egg pan or a pancake pan over medium/high heat. I used coconut oil that I rub on the pan with a piece of absorbent paper. My pan is a mini non-stick egg pan size 4.7 inches (12 cm). I recommend a small saucepan of this size to make perfect crepes that won’t break.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the crepe batter onto the pan, then tip and rotate the pan gently to spread the batter as thinly as possible. Brown on one side first, cook 2-3 minutes until the sides are crispy, and unstick easily from the pan. The center should be set and dry before you flip over to prevent the crepe from breaking.
- Brown on other sides for about 1-2 minutes and serve hot with your favorite fillings – see recipe notes for inspiration.
Crepes size: I made 6 mini crepes of 12 cm (4.7 inches) with this recipe. I used a non-stick mini frying pan.
Storage: you can store your crepes on a plate covered with plastic wrap in the fridge for up to 2 days. Rewarm in the pan for a few minutes, add some filling and enjoy.
Low-carb filling ideas: nut butter (almond butter, peanut butter, coconut butter), yogurt, cream cheese, raspberries, monk fruit sugar or erythritol, sugar-free chocolate chips, sliced almond, seeds, or crushed peanuts, etc. In the picture, I used almond butter, erythritol, and fresh raspberries.
SERVING SIZE: 1 mini crepe (4.7 inches)
YIELD: –+ crepes
Serving: 1mini crepe (4.7 inches)Calories: 108kcal(5%)Carbohydrates: 2.5g(1%)Fiber: 1.1g(5%)Net Carbs: 1.4gProtein: 4.6g(9%)Fat: 8.9g(14%)Sugar: 0.3g