This Keto Mexican Cheesy Skillet Chicken is incredibly flavorful, filling, and easy to make when you need dinner on the table quickly without skimping on taste.
Prep Time 35 mins Cook Time 5 mins Total Time 40 mins Course: Main Course Cuisine: American Keyword: Skillet Chicken Servings:6 Calories: 295kcal
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1/3 cup diced green pepper
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups cooked chicken shredded (I prepared mine in the slow cooker)
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes
- 1 12 oz bag steamed riced cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons homemade taco seasoning or taco seasoning packet
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup Monterrey jack cheese
- In a skillet, melt butter, then saute onion, pepper, and garlic until softened.
- Steam riced cauliflower in microwave according to package directions.
- Add homemade taco seasoning, Rotel, chicken broth, and cauliflower to skillet.
- Stir to combine then cook on medium/low approx 10 minutes until extra liquid is absorbed.
- Add cooked chicken and stir well. If the mixture gets too thick, add a little more chicken broth.
- Simmer on low covered for 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle cheese on top, cover, and simmer until cheese is melted.
- Optional: Serve with sour cream, cilantro, jalapenos, etc.
Calories: 295kcal | Carbohydrates: 5g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 20g | Saturated Fat: 10g | Cholesterol: 78mg | Sodium: 470mg | Potassium: 374mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 560IU | Vitamin C: 39.8mg | Calcium: 300mg | Iron: 1.2mg