PREP TIME30 minutes
COOK TIME10 minutes
TOTAL TIME40 minutes
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 3 garlic minced cloves
- 1/3 cup diced green pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 2 cups shredded chicken, cooked
- 1 (12 oz) bag steamed riced cauliflower
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes (or homemade salsa)
- 3/4 cup chicken broth (or beef broth)
- 1 packet of taco seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese (or Mexican cheese blend)
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, add butter and saute diced pepper, onion, and garlic until softened.
- Prepare the cauliflower rice as per the package instructions.
- Add a packet of taco seasoning, chicken broth, Rotel tomatoes, and steamed cauliflower to the skillet.
- Combine well, reduce heat to medium-low and cook for about 10 minutes until semi-dry.
- Add chicken and stir to combine and simmer for 5 minutes. add more chicken broth if it’s too dry.
- Sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese and Mexican cheese blend on top, cover, and cook until melted.
- Add sliced avocados, and jalapenos with a dollop of sour cream on the top.
1Amount Per ServingCalories290Total Fat18gSaturated Fat10gTrans Fat0gUnsaturated Fat7gCholesterol77mgSodium1017mgCarbohydrates5gFiber1gSugar2gProtein23g