Course: Main CourseCuisine: American, Mexican Prep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 10 minutesTotal Time: 20 minutes Servings: 8 tacos Calories: 117kcal
For The Keto Cheese Taco Shells:
- ▢1 cup shredded cheese
For The Toppings:
- ▢8 oz ground beef (200g)
- ▢½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ▢½ teaspoon paprika
- ▢½ teaspoon mexican chili
- ▢¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ▢½ cup water
- ▢½ cup lettuce (finely shredded)
- ▢1 roma tomato (diced)
- ▢to taste sour cream
- ▢to taste salt and pepper
- Brown the ground beef over a medium high heat.
- Once browned, add the spices, salt, pepper and water. Lower the heat and allow everthing to simmer together until the ground beef is at your desired level of sauciness.
- While the ground beef simmers, you make the microwave tacos. A ¼ cup of shredded cheese is enough for two tacos. Divide a ¼ cup into two thin rounds and put in the microwave for approximately 45 – 60 seconds (This will vary with different microwaves – see recipe notes).
- Once they feel crispy to the touch, carefully lift them from the plate and drape them over the side of a baking tray until cooled.
- Once you’ve made 8 shells, fill with the toppings and enjoy!
Here’s How To Become A Better Home CookLearn to “SALT TO TASTE” and more. Read NOW!Tips and Tricks:1. We use a regular dinner plate to microwave the cheese. We keep an eye on it and once it just barely starts to brown in the center – we remove it from the microwave. They lift pretty easily from the plate with a spatula, but you can also use parchment paper underneath the cheese to make it easier.2. We draped the cheese over the side of a casserole dish to cool down and harden.3. The “toppings” are only suggestions. You can add whatever you like: chicken instead of beef, guacamole, salsa, MORE cheese, etc.
Calories: 117kcal | Carbohydrates: 1g | Protein: 8g | Fat: 9g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 31mg | Sodium: 109mg | Potassium: 112mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 347IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 76mg | Iron: 1mg