- 2 cups (500ml) heavy cream
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar substitute
- 2 tsp peppermint extract/flavouring
- green food colouring (optional)
- 100g sugar free chocolate chips
- In a pan over medium heat, melt the butter and stir in the powdered sugar substitute.
- Once mixed thoroughly, pour in 1 cup (250ml) of the cream and turn onto high heat.
- Bring to a boil while you stir frequently to make sure the cream does not burn.
- Once boiing, turn down the heat and simmer.
- Continue to simmer and stir frequently until the mix has thickened and reduced by 1/4 to 1/2.
- Take off heat and pour into a mixing bowl.
- Pour in the remaining 1 cup (250ml) of heavy cream into the mixing bowl.
- Stir in the peppermint extract.
- Cover and cool in the fridge for a minimum 1 hour.
- Once cooled significantly, use a hand or stand mixer to whip the cream mixture. This is the time to also add food colouring.
- The mix will start to thicken and become smooth and creamy. It should also increase in size.
- Once the cream is smooth and slightly increased in size. Add in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into an ice cream tin or tub and freeze overnight.
This yields about 10-15 scoops.
Best scooping: use a HOT metal ice cream scoop. I soaked mine in hot water before scooping.
Nutritional Information per scoop:
- CALS: 166
- FAT: 16.5
- CARBS: 1.5
- FIBRE: 0.5
- NET CARBS: 1
- PROTEIN: 1.2
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 134TOTAL FAT: 14.4gCARBOHYDRATES: 1gFIBER: 0gPROTEIN: 0.8g