Prep Time: 20 Minutes Cook Time: 25 Minutes Total Time: 45 minutes Yield: 10
- 1 1/2 cups Full-fat Sour Cream
- 1 cup Almond Flour
- 3/4 cup Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener (add 1/4 cup at a time and taste it! if you want it sweeter)
- 3/4 cup Dutch Processed Cocoa
- 1/2 cup Unsalted Butter (softened, room temp)
- 1 1/2 tsp Aluminum-Free Baking Powder
- 1–2 tbsp Vanilla (Trader Joe’s Bourbon Vanilla)
- 2 Eggs (room temp)
- 1–2 pkgs Instant Coffee (French Roast/decaf)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
Keto Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 8oz Cream Cheese (softened)
- 1 1/2 cups of Powdered Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener
- TWO tbsp Half & Half/Heavy Cream
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Take a bowl(large) and by using a hand mixer, cream the butter, vanilla, and Lakanto Sweetener together until it gets smooth. Beat well.
- To the mixture, add the eggs one by one. Beat until it gets smooth.
- Until there are hardly any more lumps, add the Sour Cream and mix.
- Take another bowl and sift the Baking Powder, Cocoa Powder, Instant Coffee, Salt, and Almond Flour. Mix well.
- To the wet mixture, slowly add the dry ingredients. Mix to incorporate.
- Pour into (2) non-stick (6″ inch)cake pans and bake for 25-35 minutes or until toothpick comes out(almost clean). Don’t over bake.
- Before frosting (and devouring ) let it cool completely.
Cream Cheese Frosting (optional):
- With a hand mixer, mix all ingredients together until it gets smooth and there are no visible lumps.
(depending on the size)This should make 12-20 Cupcakes. The bake time should only be between 20-25 minutes(If you’re using cupcake liners or mini-bundt molds). If you’re going to use smaller molds, please check after TWENTY FIVE minutes and add TWO minutes at a time.
Serving Size: 1
Saturated Fat: 13.2
Trans Fat: 0