Keto Zucchini Ravioli Casserole
PREP TIME20 mins
COOK TIME20 mins
RESTING TIME30 mins
TOTAL TIME1 hr 10 mins
SERVINGS 4 people
INGREDIENTS US CustomaryMetric 1x2x3x
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 8 oz mozzarella fresh preferable
- 1 tablespoon basil leaves
- 3 sun dried tomatoes
- ¾ cup marinara sauce
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese grated
Prepare the zucchini
- With a vegetable peeler, peel the zucchini lengthwise into strips.
- Sprinkle the zucchini strips with salt and let sit for 20-30 minutes. This is to remove the water content of the zucchini. Dab them with paper towels to remove the salt and water.
Make the filling
- Slice the mozzarella into 6 slices.
- Chop the basil leaves
- Thinly slice the sun-dried tomatoes
- Place two zucchini strips overlapping each other.
- Take another two zucchini strips and place them on the zucchini strips to make a cross.
- Place a mozzarella slice in the centre of the zucchini “cross”.
- Scatter basil and the sun dried tomatoes on the mozzarella slice.
- Fold each side to seal the cheese mixture then flip over the ravioli so the seam side is on the bottom.
- Repeat making 6 parcels (or more depending upon the size of your zucchini)
- Spoon the marinara sauce into a baking dish
- Place the zucchini parcels on top of the marinara sauce.
- Sprinkle the zucchini parcels with the grated mozzarella.
- Bake 200C/400F for 20 minutes
I made 6 medium zucchini parcels. This may vary depending upon the size of the zucchini used.
The net carbs will be the total carb count minus the fibre count. Carb count excludes sugar alcohols.
Any nutritional analysis on the website is based on an estimate, calculated by http://nutritiondata.self.com from the individual ingredients in each recipe. Variations may occur for various reasons, including product availability and food preparation. We make no representation or warranty of the accuracy of this information.
Serving: 1parcelCalories: 140kcalCarbohydrates: 6gProtein: 10gFat: 10gFiber: 1g