Shrimp Fried Cauliflower Rice
Skip the takeout and make this amazing, low carb “fried rice” meal right at home in just 20 minutes! An easy & delicious cauliflower rice recipe!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time20 mins
- ▢1 medium head cauliflower about 5 cups riced cauliflower
- ▢2 tablespoons canola oil divided
- ▢1 pound shrimp peeled and deveined
- ▢salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- ▢2 large eggs lightly whisked
- ▢4 green onions sliced, whites and greens separated
- ▢3 cloves garlic minced
- ▢1/4 teaspoon ground ginger or 1/2 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- ▢1 cup diced carrots about 2 carrots
- ▢1/3 cup finely diced red bell pepper
- ▢1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- ▢2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce or 1 tablespoon tamari sauce
- ▢fresh basil leaves for garnish (optional)
- Cut the cauliflower into florets.
- Pulse the cauliflower florets in a food processor until it breaks down into rice-sized pieces. Set aside.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large pan or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp to the heated oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Cook shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes, or until shrimp is pink and no longer transparent.
- Remove shrimp from pan and set aside.
- Place the pan back over medium-high heat.
- Pour eggs into the pan and quickly scramble.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- Place the pan back over medium-high heat and heat remaining oil.
- Add white parts of the green onions and saute for 30 seconds.
- Stir in garlic and ginger, and continue to cook for 30 seconds, or until fragrant.
- Add the carrots and peppers; cook until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes.
- Add the peas and cauliflower “rice,” and stir to combine.
- Reduce heat to medium and continue to cook for 4 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the cooked eggs, shrimp, and soy sauce.
- Taste and add more soy sauce, if needed.
- Garnish with basil leaves and serve.
Store leftovers in airtight containers and in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Calories: 268 kcal | Carbohydrates: 11 g | Protein: 29 g | Fat: 11 g | Saturated Fat: 1 g | Cholesterol: 378 mg | Sodium: 543 mg | Potassium: 398 mg | Fiber: 3 g | Sugar: 4 g | Vitamin A: 6265 IU | Vitamin C: 39.8 mg | Calcium: 211 mg | Iron: 3.9 mg | Net Carbs: 8 g