Prep Time20 minsCook Time18 minsCourse: Breakfast, BrunchCuisine: American, MexicanServings: 7 Calories: 405kcal Author: Kasey Trenum
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 lb bacon
- 7 low carb tortillas (I used La Banderita brand)
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Grease a 9X13 casserole dish and preheat oven to 350°F.
- Fry bacon on the stove or bake in the oven (whichever method you prefer). When done, drain and set aside to cool. When the bacon has cooled, crumble into bite-sized pieces.
- In a medium-sized skillet ( I used a 10.25 inch cast iron) melt butter.
- In a bowl, crack eggs and add heavy whipping cream, salt, and pepper. Whisk until thoroughly combined.
- Pour egg mixture into skillet and scramble eggs. Remove from heat right before they get done and continue stirring as they will continue to cook, but removing from the heat will prevent them from overcooking.
- In a low carb tortilla, spoon eggs down the middle follow with bacon and freshly shredded cheddar cheese. Roll low carb burritos and place seam side down in a casserole dish. (Reserve 1/4 cup of the cheddar cheese and some of the crumbled bacon to use as toppings for the burritos in the casserole dish before baking.)
- Repeat the above step until the casserole dish is full. (I used seven burritos, but I left one out for meal prep photo). Sprinkle 1/4 cup white cheddar cheese and 1/4 cup sharp cheddar cheese on top of the burritos and sprinkle a handful of the crumbled bacon on top.
- You can cover and put in the fridge and bake the next morning. If so, bake covered for 15 minutes, then remove foil and bake for an additional 5-7 min or until heated all the way through and cheese is melted on top.If baking immediately, bake for 10-15 minutes or until heated all the way through.Enjoy!
The nutritional information is provided for one burrito based on making seven low carb breakfast burritos. Meal PrepTo reheat individual burritos already baked from the fridge:* microwave – Wrap individual burrito in a damp paper towel microwave in 30-second intervals until it reaches the desired temp.* oven – Wrap burrito in aluminum foil and heat in the oven 9-13 minutes or until heated through. To reheat individual tortillas from the freezer:(First, thaw overnight in the fridge.)* microwave – Wrap in a damp paper towel and rewarm in 30-second intervals until reaches desired temp.* oven – Rewarm in the oven wrapped in aluminum foil for approx 15-20 min at 350 degrees To bake breakfast tortilla casserole from the freezer:(First, thaw overnight in the fridge.)* Cover baking dish with foil then bake in the oven by for approx 15-20 min at 350 degrees. Remove the foil and bake an additional 5-7 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. Baking times will vary depending on your oven and how much the burrito or breakfast burrito casserole thawed in the fridge overnight.
Serving: 1burrito | Calories: 405kcal | Carbohydrates: 17g | Protein: 22g | Fat: 34g | Fiber: 11g