PREP: 10 minutes
COOK: 50 minutes
TOTAL: 1 hour
Tap underlined ingredients to see where to get them.
- 2 lb Ground turkey
- 1/2 large Onion (chopped finely)
- 6 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1/3 cup Tomato sauce
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 tsp Sea salt
- 1/4 tsp Black pepper
- 1/2 cup Wholesome Yum Blanched Almond Flour
- 2 large Eggs
- 10 slices Bacon
- 1/4 cup Sugar-free BBQ sauce
Tap on the times in the instructions below to start a kitchen timer while you cook.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (177 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine all turkey meatloaf ingredients. Mix until just combined – don’t over mix.
- Form the ground turkey mixture into a 10×6 inch loaf on the lined baking sheet.
- Arrange the bacon slices in a single layer on the meatloaf, going across the short way, and tuck the ends underneath the sides of the meatloaf.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Spread the BBQ sauce over the top and sides of the turkey meatloaf. Return to the oven and bake for 20-35 more minutes, until cooked through and internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F (71 degrees C). (Time will vary depending on thickness of the loaf.) If desired, place under the broiler for a few minutes to crisp up the bacon.
- Rest for 10 minutes before slicing using a serrated knife.
Serving size: 1 3/4-inch slice, or 1/12 entire meatloaf
Amount per serving. Serving size in recipe notes above.