yield: APPROX. 8 CUPS
prep time: 10 MINUTES
cook time: 50 MINUTES
total time: 1 HOUR
Savory and hearty low carb vegetable beef soup is a one bowl meal that will keep your belly warm and full on a cold night! Keto, paleo, whole30 compliant.
- 1.5 pounds beef stew meat
- 4 tablespoons butter (or ghee for paleo/dairy free)
- 3 ounces onion, diced
- 2 ounces carrots, diced (about 2 medium carrots)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 4 ounces mushrooms
- 1 cup frozen green beans
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 5 ounces parsnip, diced (about half of one parsnip)
- 2.5 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1.5 cups water
- In a stock pot or dutch oven, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium high heat. Brown the beef in batches, about 3 to 4 minutes. Transfer browned beef to a plate or bowl.
- Reduce heat to medium and add remaing 2 tablespoons of butter. Add the onion, carrot, and garlic and saute until translucent, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of the beef broth and scrape up any brown bits (deglaze). Add remaining broth after the pan is deglazed.
- Add all remaining ingredients to the pot. Return the beef to the pot too. Stir to combine.
- Cover with a lid. Reduce the heat to medium low and simmer 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season to taste, if needed.
Crockpot: Brown the beef and saute the veggies as directed above. Trasnfer to a slow cooker and add the remaining ingredients. Stir to combine. Cook on low for 5 hours or high for 3 hours.
Instant Pot: Brown the beef and saute the veggies as directed above, using the saute function on the IP. Add the remaining ingredients. Stir to combine. Close the lid and seal the vent. Cook on high pressure for 15 minutes. Quick release the steam.
YIELD: approx. 8 cups SERVING SIZE: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 220TOTAL FAT: 9.4gCARBOHYDRATES: 10.7gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 7.9gFIBER: 2.8gPROTEIN: 23.1g