This Low Carb Zucchini Casserole is a delicious and easy way to get your vegetables. It can be eaten as a side dish or main course.
prep time: 30 MINUTES
cook time: 25 MINUTES
total time: 55 MINUTES
- 2 pounds of zucchini, sliced into thin rounds
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Take sliced zucchinis and arrange on a large pan, sprinkle with salt and set aside.
- Meanwhile in a large skillet, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion and garlic and cook until softened.
- Add heavy cream, cream cheese, 1/2 the cheddar cheese and 1/2 the mozzarella cheese, salt and pepper and whisk together let it boil and set aside.
- Drain the zucchini and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Arrange the zucchini in a casserole dish.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the top and spread evenly.
- Top with remaining cheddar and mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
Use salt sparingly since we salted the zucchinis. You may not need any salt if you do this.