Prep Time10 minsCook Time30 minsTotal Time40 minsAuthor:JulianneCourse:Main CourseCalories:262Servings:
- ▢1 pound steak, sliced very thin (I used NY Strip)
- ▢3 bell peppers
- ▢8 ounces baby bella mushrooms, sliced thin
- ▢½ cup shredded Italian cheese mix, provolone, mozzarella, parmesan
- ▢½ yellow onion, sliced thin
- ▢2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ▢¼ cup white wine, or beef broth
- ▢2 cloves garlic, minced
- ▢2 tablespoons butter
- ▢1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 375F. Wash, dry and cut the peppers in half, from the stem down the middle. Remove the ribs and seeds.
- Add the peppers, cut side up to a 9×13 casserole baking dish that’s been sprayed with nonstick spray. Bake the peppers for 20 minutes while you make the filling.
- Cut the steak into very thin slices. I put mine in the freezer for about 10 minutes first, because it makes it easier to get nice thin slices.
- Add the olive oil to a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the steak, salt and pepper, then sauté for just a few minutes, then remove and set aside. Add in the butter, onions, mushrooms, salt and pepper, then sauté for several minutes or until you have some good color on them.
- Add in the garlic and sauté for 10 seconds, making sure you don’t brown it. Then add in the Worcestershire and white wine (or broth) to deglaze the pan, scraping up the brown bits of flavor. Add the steak back in, turn off the heat and mix everything together until well combined.
- Remove the peppers from the oven and increase the temperature to 425F. Add in the steak mixture, then top with the shredded cheese. Bake for another 8-10 minutes or until the cheese is golden.
Nutrition FactsPhilly Cheesesteak Keto Stuffed PeppersAmount Per ServingCalories 262Calories from Fat 117% Daily Value*Fat 13g20%Saturated Fat 6g38%Carbohydrates 7g2%Fiber 2g8%Sugar 4g4%Protein 26g52%