Pizza Sausage and Pepperoni
- 1½ cups part skim shredded mozzarella cheese (5 oz/140 g)
- 2 oz full fat cream cheese, cut into chunks (56g)
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour (See my conversion chart linked below)
- 1 tbsp oat fiber (or 2 tbsp whey protein powder or 1/4 cup more almond flour)
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese (5 oz /150 g)
- 1/2 cup store bought marinara sauce (I like Rao’s) (4 oz/113 g)
- 20 slices pepperoni slices (or as much as you’d like) (1.5 oz/43 g)
- Preheat oven to 425 F degrees and position one rack to the bottom position and the other to the upper third.
- Low Carb Pizza Crust: Microwave the cheeses in a microwave safe bowl for 1 1/2 – 2 minutes, stirring half-way through. Scrape melted cheese into the bowl o a food processor with the egg and process until combined. Add the dry ingredients and process again until thoroughly combined.
- If the dough is very warm and sticky, scrape it onto a piece of plastic wrap and place into the freezer until the oven is ready. The dough is very sticky by nature, but oiling your hands makes it manageable. (If the dough is cool to the touch, skip the freezer.)
- Hand Method: Place a piece of parchment paper on a sheet pan and with oiled hands, pat the dough evenly into place. I prefer to oil my hands. the dough will cover most of the sheet pan. Dock (poke holes all over) with a fork.
- Rolling Pin: Alternately, roll the dough out between two sheets of parchment paper. This is my preferred way. Remove the top piece of parchment and transfer the dough and parchment to the baking sheet. Dock (poke holes all over) with a fork.
- Bake: Bake on the bottom rack for 8-10 minutes until golden brown. Remove from the oven and rub the crust with a piece of garlic. Spread the tomato sauce onto the pizza and top evenly with cheese. Add the pepperoni. Bake on the upper rack until the cheese has melted.
- Cut into 6 pieces and serve. Makes 1 very thin sheet-pan pizza, 1 12-13 inch pizza or two very thin 10 inch pizzas. The serving size is 1/6 of the recipe.
- U.S. to Metric Baking Chart