Prep Time5 minsCook Time3 hrs 15 minsTotal Time3 hrs 20 mins Course:Main CourseCalories:464Servings:
- ▢1 ½ pounds chicken thighs
- ▢3 ounces baby spinach
- ▢1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ▢1 cup heavy cream
- ▢½ cup sun-dried tomatoes, sliced (packed in oil)
- ▢½ cup chicken stock
- ▢4 cloves garlic, minced
- ▢3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ▢1 tablespoon oil from jar of sun-dried tomatoes
- ▢2 teaspoons dried parsley
- ▢½ teaspoon dried basil
- ▢½ teaspoon salt
- ▢¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ▢¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- Add the butter, sun-dried tomatoes oil and garlic to a saucepan over medium heat. Sauté for about 20 seconds, making sure you don’t brown it. Then pour in the chicken stock and heavy cream, then simmer for about 8 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the parmesan cheese and continue simmering for another 3-5 minutes.
- Add the chicken into the insert of your slow cooker and sprinkle the basil, oregano, parsley, salt and pepper over the tops.
- Add the sun-dried tomatoes on top of the chicken, then pour the sauce over top and cook for 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low.
- Remove the chicken and set it aside, then stir in the spinach and cover until wilted. Serve with the sauce poured over the top.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container.
Nutrition FactsSlow Cooker Tuscan ChickenAmount Per ServingCalories 464Calories from Fat 324% Daily Value*Fat 36g55%Saturated Fat 18g113%Carbohydrates 5g2%Fiber 1g4%Sugar 2g2%Protein 35g70%