These Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms are an easy, elegant and mouth-watering appetizer that’s always a crowd pleaser made in just 15 minutes!
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time4 mins
Total Time14 mins
- ▢9 portobello stuffing mushrooms, or 12 baby bellas
- ▢⅓ pound Italian sausage, ground
- ▢8 ounces cream cheese
- ▢⅔ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- ▢1 garlic clove, grated
- ▢1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- ▢½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ▢¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ▢Optional: pinch of red pepper flakes
- ▢Olive oil, for brushing
- Heat a skillet to medium heat and add in the Italian sausage. Cook until browned, then drain off any fat and add the sausage to a large mixing bowl.
- Preheat air fryer to 370°F for 5 minutes, while you mix up the stuffing.
- Add the cream cheese, garlic, garlic salt, pepper, parsley, (optional) red pepper flakes and , most of the parmesan cheese into the bowl with the sausage.
- Mix until well combined and set aside.
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms, then clean them using a damp paper towel (do not wash under water). Lightly brush the outsides with olive oil.
- Take the stuffing mixture and spoon it into each mushroom cap. Do not overstuff them, or they’ll just ooze all over the air fryer.
- Cook for 9-11 minutes or until the tops are slightly golden and the mushrooms are cooked through. Cooking times will depend on the size of your mushrooms, so if they’re smaller, they’ll liked need to cook 6-8 minutes. Allow them to cool slightly before serving.
If you can find them in your grocery store, I highly recommend using the larger stuffing mushrooms. They are a bit more substantial and hold up nicely. They’re also more uniform in size, so they’ll cook more evenly. See the post for a picture.
Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
Amount Per Serving
Calories 155Calories from Fat 117
% Daily Value*
Saturated Fat 8g50%