yield: 4 prep time: 10 MINUTES cook time: 20 MINUTES total time: 30 MINUTES
This Asparagus Stuffed Chicken is loaded with two kinds of cheese, tender asparagus and is rubbed with an Italian herb mix. This one pan, low carb recipe has about 2 net carbs per serving and is ready in 30 minutes.
- 4 chicken breast, small to medium size
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 12 asparagus spears, tough ends removed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, shredded cheese and minced garlic, set aside. Prepare the asparagus by removing the tough ends.
- Butterfly the chicken so it opens like a book. Spread the cheese mixture on the bottom part of the chicken, top with the asparagus spears, fold the top of the chicken over the filling and secure with a toothpick. (see pictures for example)
- Combine the spices together to make a rub. Rub the outside of the chicken with the Italian seasoning mixture.
- Heat an oven safe skillet to medium heat and melt the butter in the skillet. Sear the chicken in the pan 2-3 minutes on each side and place in the oven for 20 minutes at 350 degree F, or until cooked through.
- Allow the chicken to rest at least 5 minutes before cutting.
Gruyere has amazing flavor, but you can sub this for a good parmesan or asiago if you prefer.
YIELD: 4 SERVING SIZE: 1 Stuffed Chicken Breast
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 349TOTAL FAT: 22.5gCHOLESTEROL: 125mgSODIUM: 700mgCARBOHYDRATES: 2.6gNET CARBOHYDRATES: 2.2gFIBER: 0.4gSUGAR: 1.3gPROTEIN: 33gAsparagus Stuffed Chicken (low carb + keto)