- 6 Mozzarella Cheese Sticks
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1 cup approx 1 cup avocado oil for frying depending on the size of your frying pan.
- Freeze the cheese sticks overnight.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around each cheese stick, starting at one end and rolling carefully until the other end. I wrapped the bacon around the ends and secured it in place with a toothpick. I tried to minimally overlap the bacon so that all of it would get crispy.
- Heat about 1/2 inch of avocado oil in a cast iron or regular skillet..
- Carefully place bacon-wrapped cheese stick in a frying pan and turn as each side gets brown and crispy so that the bacon cooks on all sides.
- Remove from oil when the bacon is crispy and brown on all sides and place on a plate covered with paper towels to absorb excess oil.
I only included 1/4 of the avocado oil in the nutritional information as most of it was left in the pan.
Serving: 2sticks | Calories: 344kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 18g | Fat: 29g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3g | Monounsaturated Fat: 8g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 59mg | Sodium: 731mg | Potassium: 87mg | Vitamin A: 24IU | Calcium: 42mg | Iron: 1mg