PREP TIME15 minsCOOK TIME20 minsTOTAL TIME35 minsCOURSEAppetizerCUISINEAmericanSERVINGS4 peopleCALORIES238 kcal
- 8 slices bacon halved crosswise (see recipe note)
- 16 large shrimp peeled except for the tail and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt or ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 425˚F.
- Arrange bacon slices, leaving space around each, on oven safe rack placed inside a baking sheet. Bake 5 to 10 minutes depending on the thickness of your bacon. It should still be pliable when you remove it from the oven.
- Meanwhile, place shrimp in a medium bowl. Add olive oil, salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- When partially cooked bacon slices are cool enough to handle (about 5 minutes after you remove from oven), wrap each slice of bacon around one raw shrimp, securing with a toothpick; return to oven safe rack. Repeat with remaining shrimp.
- Bake 10 minutes more until shrimp are pink and bacon is cooked through. Serve.
- If your bacon strips are very long, cut them into thirds crosswise instead of in half. You want the strips to be long enough to wrap the shrimp, but not so long that a large area of the bacon overlaps.
- For thick cut bacon, increase par-cook time by a few minutes, until bacon is starting to crisp, but is still pliable.
Calories: 238kcalProtein: 10gFat: 21gSaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 89mgSodium: 623mgPotassium: 106mgVitamin A: 15IUVitamin C: 1mgCalcium: 35mgIron: 0.7mg