PREP TIME 5 mins COOK TIME 20 mins TOTAL TIME 25 mins
For the chicken
- 1 lbs boneless skin on chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- Himalayan salt to taste
For the Sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tbsp coconut aminos tamari for gluten-free or low sodium soy sauce
- 4 tbsp sugar free honey substitute
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 scallion greens and whites divided. Use the white parts for sauce and the green parts for garnishing
- 1/ tsp sesame seeds
- Season the skin side of the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of avocado oil in a skillet on high heat.
- Place the chicken skin side down and cook until browned and skin is crispy.
- Season the other side of the chicken.
- Turn the chicken and cook the other side for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile whisk all the sauce ingredients with the whites of the scallion in a bowl.
- Remove the excess fat from the pan.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken and cook until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Garnish with greens of the scallions.
- Remove the chicken from the pan on to a cutting board, slice into bite sized pieces.
- Serve with pan juices and on cauliflower rice with steamed broccoli.
All recipes reflect approximate nutrition values for your convenience. Data is gathered by MyFitnessPal. Nutritional values can vary for each recipe based on variables such as measurement accuracy, different brands of ingredients, and so on. We make every effort to be as accurate as possible, but if exact calculations are required, user is advised to make their own calculations. Recipe author is not a nutritionist or dietician and recipes are not to be considered as any nutritional or medical advice. As with any diet, please consult your doctor before making changes to your diet.As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases with no cost to you.
Serving: 1chicken thighCalories: 304kcalCarbohydrates: 17.2gProtein: 26.9gFat: 16.9gFiber: 10.2g